Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 Pumpkin or butternut squash, Peeled and chopped (900g-1kg)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic peeled but left whole
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- ½-1 tbsp sugar (optional)
- 500ml chicken stock or water
- 50ml double cream
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Handful baby kale (optional)
Put the squash/pumpkin and garlic in a large saucepan with the five spice, sugar and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until the pumpkin is sift. Using a hand blender blitz until smooth. Stir in the cream.
Ladle into bowls and serve immediately. Top with a handful of baby kale and sprinkle of pumpkin seeds if desired.